2010. 07. 30.
What were the main issues raised?
Achievements of the Spanish Presidency: advancement of the work on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and its Protocol; horizontal inclusion of disability in the Europe 2020 Strategy and the new Disability Strategy; informal ministerial meeting in Zaragoza; approval by the Council of the Resolution on the new framework on disability;
- Plans for the Belgian Presidency: Conference with the collaboration of the European Commission on the implementation of the UNCRPD; developing the new Disability Framework; roundtable on Poverty and Social Exclusion to show connection with disability;
- New Disability Strategy and its differences from the Disability Action Plan;
- Code of Conduct of the UNCRPD;
- Role of the civil society in cooperation with the European presidency;
- EDF expectations from the new Disability Strategy;
- Growing rate of violence against woman with disabilities in the EU and invisibility of this issue;
- Multiple discrimination of woman and girls with disabilities;
- Priorities of FEMM Committee of the European Parliament;
- Studies funded by European Commission and other activities.
Download full reports from Disability Intergroup meetings:
Next meetings :
- 22 September 2010, Strasbourg- with the Freedom Drivers
- 28 September 2010, Brussels- with the Belgian Presidency